Monday, June 20, 2011

I survived...

Well... I am back from Day 1 of the transitional period.  I learned quite a bit about how everything there comes together.  It was a slow lunch period, but I did watch several of the menu items being made.  I even stepped in and did a bit of short order cooking, including making one of my favorite foods of all time...cheeseburgers.  No one complained or hurled scalding french fries at me, so I did a passable job of it.  I realized that I should have totally brought my camera with me.  Maybe I will remember to do that tomorrow.

Today was also the day that I filed my paperwork with the State of Wisconsin to start our LLC.  I thought that this would be a confusing and expensive process, and indeed it can be.  There are people and websites out there that will complete the paperwork and submit it on your behalf for a fee that starts at about $100 through Leagalzoom.com and can get up in the neighborhood of $500.  This doesn't include the $130 fee Wisconsin charges once you file.  If you are filing in Wisconsin, I would recommend doing some research and then filing out the online form at the Wisconsin.gov website.  The online form is quick, totally painless, and it only costs you the $130 fee and not a penny more.

No comments:

Post a Comment